Last updated: [25/07/18]
Stewartbeckett.com operates https://www.stewartbeckett.com (Site). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to maintaining the security of any information received from you.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting [https://www.stewartbeckett.com ] you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, create an account, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on the Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Users of Internet Explorer 6.0 can disable or enable cookies as follows:
- Choose Tools, then;
- Choose Internet Options, then;
- Click the Privacy Tab, then;
- Click on Custom Level, then;
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ button, then;
- Check the ‘override automatic cookie handing’ box and select Accept, Block or Prompt for action as appropriate.
If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]); alternatively contact us at email@example.com
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Your Rights and Access/Corrections/Information removal
We will provide commercially reasonable assistance (including appropriate technical and organisational measures as reasonably practicable) to respond to any inquiry, communication or request from you seeking to exercise your rights under EU data protection legislation, including rights to access, correction, restriction, objection, erasure or data portability, as applicable.
If you wish to access your personal data collected or stored by us, or if your name, email, postal address, telephone number or other personal data changes, you may correct the relevant information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you have the right to restrict, at any time, the processing of your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com
You have the right to be informed about personal data we have collected, request rectification or erasure of personal data, request restriction to process your data or transfer it to a third party you have appointed.
We will identify you (the requester) to avoid fraudulent requests and we will answer without undue delay, in any case not later than within one month.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Site does not address anyone under the age of thirteen (Children).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us at [email@example.com].
If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our systems and servers.
If you are a consumer, please note that this Policy and its subject matter is governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, this Policy and its subject matter and any non-contractual disputes or claims are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.